Pineapple Marinated Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
Quick, easy, and delicious dinner. This recipe is perfect for leftovers.
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 tbsp. cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp. pineapple grated, including juices
- 1 ½ lbs. 680g chicken breasts, diced
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- For the marinade: In a large bowl, stir together the coconut sugar, rice vinegar, tamari, fish sauce, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic powder, ground cayenne and salt and black pepper.
- For the salsa: Transfer 1 tablespoon of the marinade to a medium bowl and add the diced pineapple, red onion and coriander. Toss until well mixed and set aside.
- Add the grated pineapple and its juices to the marinade, then add the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is done marinating, heat a large pan over medium-high and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken, leaving the marinade behind. Cook until browned on all sides, 7-8 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over rice and topped with the pineapple salsa.